VTLS Chameleon iPortal Communication Error Occurred.
Sign up. Publications Pages Publications Pages. Search my Subject Specializations: Select Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content.
The Crowded Greenhouse: Population, Climate Change, and Creating a Sustainable World John Firor and Judith Jacobsen Abstract This book presents the strongest possible arguments about human population, climate change, and the relationship between Earth and human beings, discussing how people on Earth should act to stabilize human population, and why and how they should act to stabilize the composition of the atmosphere. More This book presents the strongest possible arguments about human population, climate change, and the relationship between Earth and human beings, discussing how people on Earth should act to stabilize human population, and why and how they should act to stabilize the composition of the atmosphere.
Authors Affiliations are at time of print publication.
Print Save Cite Email Share. Show Summary Details. Subscriber Login Email Address.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Library Card. View: no detail some detail full detail. Population Activism in the New Century. Afterword: Dancing in the Crowded Greenhouse.
8 Must-Read Books on Climate Change and Sustainability
Firor and Jacobsen argue that two revolutions are necessary to achieve a stable population and freedom from human-induced climate change: a social revolution that improves equity, particularly the status of women, and a technical revolution that yields vastly greater efficiency in energy and materials use than we have today. They offer a vision that incorporates these changes, and they urge professionals and activists to work to achieve them, even in the face of great odds.
Select Parent Grandparent Teacher Kid at heart.
- Enterprise Compliance Risk Management: An Essential Toolkit for Banks and Financial Services?
- Spoil the Kill.
- The Crowded Greenhouse : Population, Climate Change, and Creating a Sustainable World - sebevuruziky.ml;
- Basic civil Engineering Lab Manual.
Age of the child I gave this to:. Hours of Play:.
- The Maltese Touch of Evil: Film Noir and Potential Criticism (Interfaces: Studies in Visual Culture).
- Professional Services Automation: Optimizing Project & Service Oriented Organizations?
- Site Search Navigation.
- In and Out of the Mind: Greek Images of the Tragic Self.
- Martin Heidegger: Key Concepts!
Tell Us Where You Are:. Preview Your Review. Thank you. Your review has been submitted and will appear here shortly.